KEY INGREDIENTS & THEIR PROPERTIES
All mynakedbar soaps use plant-based oils to provide
the natural lathering, cleansing and conditioning properties.
The following is a list of key ingredients used to make my naked bar soaps and
their corresponding benefits these ingredients are known publicly for.
The benefits are listed for information and interest and they may (or may not) add additional properties to the soaps. The primary purpose you can more definitely count on a bar of my naked bar soap to do is for it to cleanse well, without the use of harsh synthetics.
Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil
- High in oleic acid.
An excellent healing and hydrating oil for very dry/mature skin.
- Rich in Vitamins (A, B, D, E).
Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil (and) Calendula officinalis (Calendula) Flowers
- Anti-fungal, Anti-inflammatory, Antibacterial, Antiseptic
- Aids in wound healing
- Soothes eczema symptoms
- Promotes skin hydration
Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil
- Rich in oleic acid
- Occlusive properties helps to replenish moisture and prevent loss from skin.
- Penetrates quickly into skin.
- High in Vitamin E, A, B.
- Gentle for sensitive skin.
- High in Oleic acid with good proportions of Linoleic acid and Linolenic acid.
- Antioxidant properties with Vitamin E to protect skin from free radicals.
- Combats premature ageing with Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids.
Contributes to creamy lather.
Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil
- Rich in Ricinoleic acid, a powerful humectant that draws moisture to the skin.
Anti-inflammmatory. Antimicrobial. Anti-fungal.
- Aids wound healing by promoting tissue growth.
- Provides an amazing lather.
Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter
- Rich in Oleic, Stearic and Palmitic acids.
- Excellent moisturiser that provides intense hydration which penetrates easily into the skin.
- May help soothe skin inflammation from skin troubles such as psoriasis, eczema and skin rashes.
- Often used to lighten and prevent stretch marks for pregnant ladies.
- Contributes to a natural light scent of chocolate.
Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil
- High in lauric acid. Excellent natural cleansing agent replaces need for synthetic surfactants.
Antimicrobial, Antibacterial, Antifungal, Anti-inflammatory, Antioxidant
- Lends hardness to bar
- Adds lather and big, stable bubbles.
HEMP SEED OIL
Hemp Seed Oil Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil
- High in essential fatty acids such as linoleic acid and linolenic acid
which are not naturally produced by our bodies.
- Rich in omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids giving it strong anti-inflammatory properties
to calm irritation while encouraging new cell regeneration.
- Reduces fine lines to diminish signs of aging.
- Comedogenic rating of 0 makes it hydrating for all skin types without clogging the pores. -
Jojoba Oil Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil
- a wax ester that is very similar to our skin's own sebum
- Able to penetrate through top layer of skin.
- Contains vitamin B complex that aids skin generation and
- Suitable for all skin types, including oily skin.
Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil
- High in Oleic acid.
- Antioxidant, Anti-inflammatory, Antibacterial.
Improves moisture retention.
- Contributes to low, creamy lather.
- Contains Vitamin A, D, E, K
RICE BRAN OIL
Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil
- Balanced in Oleic acid and Linoleic acid
- Antioxidant, Anti-inflammatory
- High content of Squalene (also found in human sebum).
Absorbs quickly, penetrates deeply to hydrate even very dry and matured skin.
- Improves circulation for more even and brighter skin.
- High Vitamin E content aids in skin repair.
Karite Butter Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit-
Rich in oleic and stearic acid.
Anti-inflammatory. Antioxidant. Antibacterial. Anti-fungal.
- Good emollient properties. Easily absorbed to form soft barrier to seal in moisture.
- Contains high concentration of fatty acids and vitamins A, C and E softens the skin.
- Extensive anti inflammatory and calming properties
- A tree nut but relatively lower in allergy risk.
SWEET ALMOND OIL
Almond Oil Prunus Dulcis (Almond) Oil
- High in Oleic acid with a similar profile to Olive Oil.
- Lightweight non comedogenic oil suitable for all skin types.
- High in Vitamins E, A and D. Soothes dry, irritated skins conditions.
- Emollient. Easily absorbed to form soft barrier to seal in moisture.
- May not be suitable for people with nut allergy.
All my naked bar soaps come scented with 100% pure essential oil
or unscented for allergy concerns. Never fragrance oil.
Citrus Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil
- Sweet, fruity scent
- Refreshing, inspiring, uplifting citrusy scent suitable for both men and women.
- Contains antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Effective for treating acne for people who don't have sensitive skin.
Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil
- Strong aromatic, camphoraceous.
- Fresh minty scent invigorates the senses and boosts mental clarity. A warm shower with Eucalyptus may help to clear nasal congestions and sinuses.
- Antibiotic, anti-fungal, antiseptic, anti-viral properties.
- Beneficial for soothing insect bites, rashes, blisters, burns and skin infection.
Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Peel Oil
- Sweet, citrus aroma
- Purifying, cheerful, uplifting
- Powerful antibacterial, antimicrobial and antifungal effects
- Balances mood, decreases blood pressure, and relieves stress.
Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium) Oil
- Subtly sweet, floral.
- Purifying, soothing, normalizing.
- Promotes relaxation, enhances general sense of well being, with potential relief for insomnia.
- Eliminates dead cells and promotes regeneration of healthier skin.
- Antibacterial, antimicrobial and antiseptic properties helps to prevent skin infections.
Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil
- Floral aroma
- All-time favourite scent for soothing and calming to destress and reduce anxiety.
- Hydrates to sooth dry skin conditions like ezcema.
- Antibacterial and anti-inflammatory. Prevents and fights acne.
LAVENDER TEA TREE
Lavandula Angustifolia, Melaleuca Alternifolia
- Soft, floral aroma
- Renewing, cleansing, stimulating
All-time favourite scent for soothing and calming to destress and reduce anxiety.
- Hydrates to sooth dry skin conditions like ezcema.
- Antibacterial and anti-inflammatory. Prevents and fights acne.
Citus Limon, Eucalyptus Globulus, Cymbopogon flexsuosus
- Citronella like aroma
Clarifying, cleansing, invigorating.
- Strong, lemon-like aroma
- Purifying, stimulating, cleansing
- Rich with vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, folate, C, magnesium, phosphorous, manganese, copper, potassium, calcium, zinc and iron.
- Antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory. Astringent to help minimise pores.
Pogostemon Cablin (Patchouli) Oil
- Musky, Earthy
- Romantic, Soothing, Stimulating
- Antiseptic, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial. Absorbs bad odour.
- Soothes anxiety, uplifts mood and promotes relaxation.
Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil
- Fresh, strong mint aroma
- Revitalising, invigorating, cooling.
- Boosts circulations, releases fatigue and muscle tensions.
- Lifts mood and improves focus.
- Boosts energy and clears respiratory tract
Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil
- Warm, camphoraceous scent.
- Puryifying, uplifting.
- Eases stress while it improves mental focus and memory.
- Heals and regenerates. May be helpful for eczema or acne.
Mentha Spicata (Spearmint) Leaf Oil
- Refreshing, Minty scent
- Cooling, invigorating, Stimulating
May help to relief itching from skin irritation.
Citrus Sinensis (Orange) Peel Oil
- Fresh, sweet orange peel.
- Refreshing, uplifting, invigorating.
- Promotes clarity and radiance in skin for healthy glow.
Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil
- Antibacterial and antiseptic properties help combat oily skin, possibly preventing and reducing acne scarring.
- Reduces inflammation, thereby relieving dryness and possibly eczema symptoms such as itching.
- Anti-fungal, used to treat nail fungus infection.
YLANG YLANG EXTRA
Canaga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Flower Oil
- Fruity, flowery scent
- Lifts mood, reduces anxiety & boosts self-esteem
- Contains linalool, a compound with antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties
All my naked bar soaps use a variety of additives like food, spices, herbs, clays
to provide skin benefits and colour interest.
ACTIVATED COCONUT CHARCOAL
- Helps draw impurities, bacteria, toxics to surface of the skin so they can be easily removed.
- Natural deodorant by absorbing odours
ALOE VERA GEL (FRESH)
Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice
- Contains vitamin A and C with anti-inflammatory properties that may help alleviate eczema and psoriasis symptoms.
- Moisturising and emollient nature hydrates the skin and helps to prevent lines.
- Contains hops which has anti-anxiety and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Contains yeast, rich in B Vitamins that can help to moisturise the skin.
Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Powder
- Rich in vitamin C and anti-inflammatory properties may help to fight acne.
- Vitamin C may help with hyperpigmentation issues.
- Good source of antioxidant to improve blood circulation.
- good source of folate and dietary fibres to help to remove impurities from skin for natural glow.
Daucus carota sativa juice
- Rich in vitamins, beta-carotene, and antioxidants
- Contains potassium that can help alleviate dryness.
- Vitamin A helps remove excess oil.
- Abundance in Vitamin C helps fight early signs of aging.
- Fine-grained mineral substances that helps to pull impurities, toxins and/or excess oil from the skin.
- Helps to cleanse and purify for clearer, more radiant skin.
- Excellent for oily skin.
- Contains antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- May help relieve hand dermatitis and psoriasis conditions.
- Adds a slip to the lather
DEAD SEA CLAY
- Antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory
- Exfoliates and detoxifies the skin.
- High composition of skin nourishing minerals to improve skin texture and tone.
- Soothes and restore moisture for dry skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
- Suitable for normal, combination skin.
KAOLIN CLAY (WHITE)
- Suitable for dry, normal, sensitive skin.
KAOLIN CLAY (ROSE)
Kaolin (White Clay) (and) Iron Oxide
- Suitable for dry, sensitive skin.
MOROCCAN RED CLAY
- Suitable for sensitive skin.
Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Powder
- Calming, restorative when used topically.
- Rich in polyphenols, especially flavanols which has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties
- Abundance in vitamins, minerals, amino acids and phytonutrients may help to protect skin against environmental stressors.
Coffee Coffea Arabica (Coffee)
- Coffee grounds make excellent natural body scrub that may help with appearance of cellulite.
- Contains antioxidant properties that has calming effect when used topically.
- Topical use may have anti-aging benefits and can be used as after-sun care.
CUCUMBER PUREE (FRESH)
Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit
- Cooling and anti-inflammatory properties help sooth skin irritation.
- Combats premature aging with Vitamin C that revitalises the skin and stimulates new cell growth.
- Mild astringent that tightens up the pores.
Ginger Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root
- Used traditionally in warming bath for postpartum to remove wind from the body.
- Has Toning and antioxidant properties help fade scars
- Contains anti-aging properties that even skin tone.
- Minimises appearances of cellulite.
Sodium Hydroxide (NaOH)
- A natural, inorganic compound necessary in making of soap
- Combines with triglyceride in oils to form soap
Acer Saccharum Extract
- Packed with up to 24 antioxidants
- Rich in antibacterial and anti-aging properties
- Helps with skin inflammation and dryness
OATMEAL / OAT MILK (ORGANIC)
Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Meal
- Relieves skin irritation and itching
- Alleviates inflammation with anti oxidant properties.
- Gently exfoliates skin naturally
- Draws oil out of pores without drying with its astringent properties.
- Reduces moisture lost from skin acting as an emollient.
RICE MILK / WATER (ORGANIC)
Oryza sativa starch
- Said to have a whitening / brightening effect on the skin
- Lightens scars and evens skin tone.
- Helps with dry skin irritation caused by SLS.
- Good exfoliation to remove dead skin cells to reveal brighter skin
- Remove impurities and detoxes the skin.
- Contains skin loving minerals.
- Relieves water retention and inflammation.
- Gives a creamy lather.
CELTIC SEA SALT
- Said to be beneficial for acne, psoriasis, eczema and anti-aging
HIMALAYAN PINK SALT
- Contains as many as 84 trace minerals
- Often used in scrubs for healthy, glowing skin.
Haldi Curcuma Longa (Turmeric)
- Curcumin decreases inflammation and aids would healing.
- Calms skin and reduces scarring.
- Antioxidant properties add radiant glow to brighten skin.
- May help to control psoriasis flares
Titanium Dioxide Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)
- Naturally occurring mineral used to bring a lighter tone to soap.
- Commonly used as an active ingredient in sunscreen.